Skip to main content

Nice Classic Garlic Hummus


As I’m sure you’re aware, 1 of the most pop brands of hummus, Sabra, has issued a think of 30,000 cases! That’s a lot of hummus. So how create y'all know if the hummus you’re eating is safe?

Plain as well as uncomplicated – build your own!

I experience similar hummus-making is something people similar to nonchalantly brag about. “Oh yeah, of class I build my ain hummus. I entirely purpose chickpeas shipped lead from the Mediterranean.” But inward all actuality, it is non hard to build hummus. Do y'all ain a nutrient processor? If the respond is yes, y'all tin build hummus.

Personally, I similar my hummus garlicky, as well as then that’s how I made this detail hummus. But y'all could add together pesto to your hummus or lemon or fifty-fifty Sriracha.

Also, let’s speak almost the dipping situation. You tin dip whatever diversity of things into hummus similar cucumbers or ruddy peppers. Personally, I favor the carb pick – pita chips! You tin sure build your ain pita chips, orrrrr y'all tin purchase a corking big purse of Stacy’s pita chips as well as snack all your troubles away.

Classic Garlic Hummus
Yield: About two cups hummus
Printable Recipe

Ingredients
  • 1 (15 ounce) tin chickpeas drained as well as rinsed (reserve chickpea water)
  • 6 medium cloves (or three tablespoons minced) garlic, peeled as well as roughly chopped
  • 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1/4 loving cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 loving cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika, addition to a greater extent than for garnish
  • Salt, to taste

Directions
  1. Peel the skins off the chickpeas
  2. Place chickpeas inward nutrient processor as well as pulse until they’re somewhat smashed.
  3. Add garlic, lemon juice, olive stone oil parmesan, cayenne pepper, as well as paprika to nutrient processor as well as pulse for a minute.
  4. If it’s likewise thick add together a petty chickpea H2O to sparse it out. Add tabular array salt to taste.
  5. Serve amongst fresh veggies as well as pita chips. 


Recipe adapted from Carla’s Confections




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quinoa Adai /Quinoa and Lentil Adai

We are towards our final week of Cooking Carnival in mega Blogging Marathon and for this week I am sharing Adai,aapam and uthappam recipes.As these recipes also comes under dosa category,I decided to share. For the day 1,I am sharing an adai made with quinoa and lentils.Adai is made with of lentils and rice is most of the households in South India. But this recipe is rice free and I used quinoa,broken wheat.The taste of the adai is almost like the regular adai.The only thing needs to be careful is rinse the quinoa with water for several times.Otherwise it will end up in a bitter taste.Let's move on to the recipe..........                                                                                          ...

Ghugni - Bengali Street food with Yellow peas

Entering the final week of Blogging Marathon #65 and this week is going to be  bookmarked recipes. I had bookmarked lot of recipes from the April mega marathon where my blogging buddies shared so many interesting recipes. Today's recipe is from Pavani's  blog and it's simple yet delicious street food of West Bengal. Ghugni is also popular in Bihar and Jharkand regions which I have shared in one of my mega marathon here. But this version of ghugni is with the yellow peas and is like a chaat topped with chopped onion,tomato and boiled egg.Off to the recipe.......                                                                                                              ...

Nice Avocado Bacon Wontons

This is a sponsored ship service past times Challenge butter, but the text in addition to opinions are all mine. Thank you lot for supporting brands that build possible! If you’ve been walking around planet populace the past times few years, you lot in all likelihood know that avocados are essentially the mascot of millennials. When is the concluding fourth dimension you’ve been to a brunch spot in addition to non seen a immature someone dining on avocado toast? Fortunately, avocados are incredibly nutritious. Avocado is primarily fat, but it’s salubrious fatty that reduces inflammation in addition to prevents the negative effects of aging. My finish this calendar week was to do a recipe that wasn’t a “health food,” but it likewise wouldn’t ruin your diet. Say howdy to my newest creation: Avocado Bacon Wontons. Some of you lot may live fans of The Cheesecake Factory’s avocado egg ringlet appetizers. That was the inspiration behind my ideas for these wontons. Except I knew I...